Re: engine swap

To: ktlp@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: engine swap
From: David C Littlefield <dmeadow@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 08:46:46 -0500

On Fri, 14 Apr 2000 09:10:33 -0700 "Kim Lang" <ktlp@earthlink.net>
writes:
> Hi to all: Has anyone installed a 5 main bearing motor in an MGA? If
> so, I would be interested in the details. TIA.
>
> Larry

Larry:-

I just did this on my Mark II.  The procedures differ depending upon
which 5 main engine with what transmission.  As someone else mentioned,
Doug Jackson has an article or two on this swap at www.mgbmga.com.

I also suggest you check out the NAMGAR website and order the tech
articles on this subject.

Check out the MGA BBS, there are several threads on this subject.  Both
NAMGAR and the BBS can be found at
http://www.british-cars.org.uk/kimber/.

If you have any specific questions, I would be glad to help out.

David Littlefield
Houston, TX
'62 MGA MkII
'51 MGTD