Re: Alternator Question - igntion light

To: Dr David McNaughton <david@mcna.demon.co.uk>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Alternator Question - igntion light
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 15:17:09 -0600
When I had this problem, it was a bad diode. It seemed like the alternator
was still charging though. So yes, I think either a new alternator or you
could replace the diode itself. If you do that though, you may also want to
replace the brushes since they are cheap and are the main wear item, plus
clean the copper commuter (sp?).

David
67 BGT
71 BGT