Re: obligatory leaks under the dash

To: Gonaj@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: obligatory leaks under the dash
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2000 10:05:40 EDT
In a message dated 4/21/00 5:10:12 AM Eastern Daylight Time, Gonaj@aol.com
writes:

<< This leads me to believe either that the problen
 is related to water, probably from the leak on my leg, puddling and
effecting
 the electricals or the car is posessed by demonds.  I think I'll try an
 exorcisim.  It'll be easier than tracing the leak/elect. problem.
 What sage advise do you all have? >>

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Well, I'm guessing here. (What else is new!)  I would start by checking all
the ground points under the dash.  Look for a buncha black wires that come
together and are screwed to metal.  Remove them, scrape the metal until it
shines, clean the ring connector (or replace it with a new one) and when you
put it back on, smear some vasoline or dielectric grease over it to keep it
clean.  There will be several ground points to look for.

The problem is when a ground goes bad, the power has to find another path to
ground and it affects things in a weird way.  This is only the first place to
look.

Good luck.  Maybe a quick prayer to the Lord of Darkness would be appropriate.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport