Re: clicking/ticking valve noise is now gone

To: JustBrits@aol.com
Subject: Re: clicking/ticking valve noise is now gone
From: Pointparty@aol.com
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2000 21:33:53 EDT
Ed:  Thanks for your very prompt but thouroughly misinformed reply to my post.

Let me make myself clear.  My MG (also Triumph) repair shop owner diagnosed
the clicking ticking noise problem as a best guess.  We brainstormed the
various solutions.  He supplied the brain.  He looked at the cost for him to
replace or resurface the rockerarm shaft, resurface the rocker arm bottoms,
supply and install new bushings, etc.  Then we looked at the catalogs and he
suggested I order the complete assembly for him to install.

We phoned Proper MG were very specific about the expectations for the
assembly.  They delivered a perfect product in perfect shape sent directly to
the shop.

Since you have gone out of your way to attempt to reconfigure the meaning and
the message of my post, let me assure you that the sounds  now eminating from
under the bonnet (or hood) come together as a symphony of perfection.  The
valve adjustment is not too tight, not too loose, it is just right!

Over the years, I have owned and worked on my own Sunbeams, TR3, midget and
B's.  I can read a manual and follow diagrams and instructions.   I don't
have a shop enviornment or all the tools I may need.  I am not confident of
my abilities.  I am convinced more MGs are  off the road because tinkering
owners screwed them up and abandoned them than for any other reason.

I don't know who you are or what kinds of frustrations or  toxic anxieties
you are experiencing or what manner of evil demons inhabit your soul, but it
is clear at the very least you need more fiber in your diet!

I do enjoy reading your posts here from time to time and your contributions,
while occasionaly mean spirited and egocentric, seem to be a valuable
addition.  Maybe, if you have an attitude adjustment, and I was in IL, I
would let you change the plugs in my car.

Again, have a wonderful weekend......regards...Mel