Not Brake Fluid again!

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Not Brake Fluid again!
From: James Nazarian Jr <James.Nazarian@Colorado.EDU>
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2000 04:48:09 -0600 (MDT)
I don't mean to start the debate about brake fluid, but If I switch from
Silicone to Dot 4.  I am gonna run denatured alcohol through the system, but my
question is:  All the seals and lines are about 5 years old, do I need to
change all the seals and rebuild all the cylinders.  When I did the brakes
I cleaned the pistons up front, and now they are sticking a bit; the M/C
and rears were replaced. I am rebuilding a spare set of calipers, but do
the rears and M/C need to be done as well?  If you are wondering, the
whole system is getting bled because its been a while.

James Nazarian
'71 B roadster
'71 BGT rust free and burnt orange
'63 Buick 215