still no go 77B

To: "mg list" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: still no go 77B
From: "Andrew Proudfoot" <amproud@nf.sympatico.ca>
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2000 16:50:51 -0230
Well after all day under in and about the car I am no further ahead than I
was before. Actually further behind cause now I need a starter re-build.
-( Carb off and fixed the leak, new coil, by the way the sump was full of
gas so that was all changed also. I do know that I have fuel & spark, and I
should have them at the same time as we checked the timing also. Best I can
figure is that it runs when the key is in the start position, therefore it
is a break in the ignition, resistor circuit. This wire contains the
external resistor so I can't just try another wire. Does anyone (Paul?) know
what the resitance in this wire should be is it 6V? Anyhow I am off to put
my tools away and clean up for tomorrow's assignment: starter removal any
and all tips greatly appreciated as I don't want to bugger up something else
whilst taking this out. Looks like it should be lots of fun. :-)
Interest anyone in a good deal on a 77B????? Oh and by the way Happy Easter.
WE didn't get any amount of snow & its about 10 degrees out now!!!!

Safety Slower again
Abdy P  77B