Re: Overdrive questions.

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Overdrive questions.
From: "Jerry Causey" <jcausey@whidbey.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2000 18:34:10 -0800
I'm certainly no overdrive expert, but if yours is one of the LH type
from a later ('68-'80) 'B, I think there is no drain plug. You have to
remove the sump from the OD, allowing the remaining oil to run
down your arms onto your clothes and the garage floor. What looks
like a drain plug is a cover for a whole bunch of fiddly bits which
may come shooting out, bounce all over the place, and disappear
under work benches and such.
The earlier D type overdrives appear to have a drain plug, but I've
never actually seen one of these, so I'm no help at all in that case.

Regards,
Jerry Causey
1967 MGB GT with a 1978 gearbox and LH overdrive