Re: In search of Better Brakes...

To: tab@penworks.com
Subject: Re: In search of Better Brakes...
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 12:30:33 EDT
In a message dated 4/24/00 8:50:37 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tab@penworks.com
writes:

<< Still any value to the vented rotors for wet weather?  >>

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

It is my understanding that cross-drilled disks are designed to let gasses
escape under hard braking, especially under racing conditions.  It has
nothing to do with water dispersal.  Water doesn't affect disk brakes very
much.  Drums are another story.

And ventilated disks are another thing.  Solid disks are solid cast metal,
ventilated disks have an open grid between the two machined sides of the
rotor.  Mostly newer cars have these on the fronts.  I don't think you can
get ventilated disks for MGs.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget