Re: more idiot questions - Loose plunger

To: bmc@aa.net
Subject: Re: more idiot questions - Loose plunger
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 14:18:56 -0400
  This loosening could be from distorted or worn threads on either the
damper (plunger) or the carb body.  Try swapping the dampers to the other
carb.  If it still loosens, you have identified that the threads in the
carb are worn.
  What to do? If the damper is at fault, replace it.  If the carb is
worn, you could use a fine punch and    ___slightly__ ding one thread in
the carb so that carb grips the damper better.
Bob