RE: more idiot questions - Loose plunger

To: "'MG list (E-mail)'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: more idiot questions - Loose plunger
From: "Scott McKorkle" <bmc@aa.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 16:20:08 -0700
Now going off on a tangent and speaking of the carb plungers...  The front
plunger on my HS-4 keeps unscrewing.  I'll drive a few days and open the
bonnet to find it unscrewed but still in the carb.  I'm assuming that
vibration from the engine is causing this.  Any ideas to keep it in place?
I hate the thought of using loc-tite.  Would teflon tape do the trick or
cause more problems?  Finally, do you think this is indicative of any more
serious problems?

Thanks!
Scott McKorkle
1978 MGB (converted to dual SU's)