Re: speaking of brakes

To: "Allen Hefner" <Ajhsys@aol.com>, <James.Nazarian@colorado.edu>,
Subject: Re: speaking of brakes
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 15:56:32 -0400
Hey Allen - whats the problem?? As long as the torch is not near the fuel
line??

But you could just put a light in the wheel well that shines on the
mirrors on the inside of the wheel so that the brake rotors just look red
instead of being so hot to fry Allens Buns (Now serving at the McDucks,
Exclusively in Abington, PA)

Larry

At this exact moment in time 4/26/00 12:12 PM, Ajhsys@aol.com made the
profound statement:

>In a message dated 4/25/00 7:32:47 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
>James.Nazarian@Colorado.EDU writes:
>
><< speaking of heat and braking, I want my rotors to glow bright red when I
> touch the brakes, similar to the way GT1 cars do it.  Anyone have a
> miracle way of doing this in a B? >>
>
>- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
>
>You could probably install a propane tank with pipes that lead down to
>nozzles near the brake pads.  Ignition by a piezo-electric starter would be
>an elegant way  to accomplish this, and some sort of regulator would also be
>needed.
>
>Please let me know if you plan to drive this B into Pennsylvania so I can
>get
>outta here!
>
>Allen Hefner
>SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward