Re: speaking of brakes

To: Ajhsys@aol.com, James.Nazarian@colorado.edu, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: speaking of brakes
From: Barrie Robinson <barrier@bconnex.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 17:17:41 -0400
Don't know about brakes glowing but while in Malaya I had a friend who
wanted to have flames coming out his exhaust.  Well, not exactly his
exhaust but rather the exhaust of his Sunbeam Talbot which was somewhat
modified.  So he fitted a a spark plug to the tail pipe of his exhaust as
well as a thin metal tube.  Through this tube he injected petrol which was
ignited by the spark plug.  The result was rather spectacular and he did
manage to repair the damage even before his bandages came off!

At 12:12 PM 4/26/00 EDT, Ajhsys@aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 4/25/00 7:32:47 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
>James.Nazarian@Colorado.EDU writes:
>
><< speaking of heat and braking, I want my rotors to glow bright red when I
> touch the brakes, similar to the way GT1 cars do it.  Anyone have a
> miracle way of doing this in a B? >>
>
>- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
>
>You could probably install a propane tank with pipes that lead down to
>nozzles near the brake pads.  Ignition by a piezo-electric starter would be
>an elegant way  to accomplish this, and some sort of regulator would also be
>needed.
>
>Please let me know if you plan to drive this B into Pennsylvania so I can
get
>outta here!
>
>Allen Hefner
>SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward