Re: [Fwd: Historic Plates -Reply]

To: microdoc@apk.net
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Historic Plates -Reply]
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2000 18:12:01 -0400
Jim,
  The war threat is true. It's the age-old argument about the island on
which the Statue of Liberty stands.  The two states have been quarreling
about it for years, and in 1998 or 1999 there was a Supreme Court
decision about something---NJ had added fill to make the island larger
(or vice versa) and they were quarreling about that also.
  But lest one think that those two states alone are subject to fits,
just recently someone suggested, in Smithsonian magazine of all places,
that CT should annex RI in its entirety.
  Although I live in CT, I'm from a long line of quarrelsome folks too,
some of whom thought that George III was a German transplant who was
entirely out of synch with good English citizens. Later they had certain
disagreements with newly-elected Pres Lincoln.
Bob

  snip