Aftermarket Wheels

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Aftermarket Wheels
From: "Michael Blair" <mblair@nfis.com>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 16:04:45 -0500
Anyone put aftermarket wheels on an MGB? I have a 78B and want to put them
on. I had American Racing wheels on a 72B and a 76B in the past. From
memory, it seems these wheels were actually front wheel drive 1985 Toyota
Celica wheels.
Looking up the specs for these wheels, I get the following:
  Wheel Size - 14x6
  Bolt Pattern - 4x4.5
  Thread Size - 12mm x 1.5
  Center Bore - 60.1

Does this seem correct? Size looks right, not sure how to check the others
though. I guess the bolt pattern just means 4  lugs, 4.5" apart?

I do remember the tires rubbing a little on the 72 and we had to trim out
the lip of the inner fender, but with the 76 sitting higher it was not a
problem.

Also, what about tire size? 195, 70, 14's sound right?

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Mike