Re: Aftermarket Wheels

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Aftermarket Wheels
From: MGALUVR@aol.com
Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 23:19:34 EDT
In a message dated 5/2/00 3:00:17 PM Central Daylight Time, mblair@nfis.com
writes:

<< Anyone put aftermarket wheels on an MGB? I have a 78B and want to put them
 on. I had American Racing wheels on a 72B and a 76B in the past. From
 memory, it seems these wheels were actually front wheel drive 1985 Toyota
 Celica wheels.
 Looking up the specs for these wheels, I get the following:
   Wheel Size - 14x6
   Bolt Pattern - 4x4.5
   Thread Size - 12mm x 1.5
   Center Bore - 60.1

 Does this seem correct? Size looks right, not sure how to check the others
 though. I guess the bolt pattern just means 4  lugs, 4.5" apart?

 I do remember the tires rubbing a little on the 72 and we had to trim out
 the lip of the inner fender, but with the 76 sitting higher it was not a
 problem.

 Also, what about tire size? 195, 70, 14's sound right? >>

I am running that size tire on a set of American Racing mags on my 79' MGB
roadster. They work, fit, and look great (or so I think anyway !!). I have
had no problems with them so far. I have included a photo of them on my MGB
at this URL....

                            http://members.aol.com/mgaluvr/pictures/myb.jpg

       Best regards......Bill Dillstrom

1979 MGB Roadster