Re: mystery elect. connector

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: mystery elect. connector
From: Speedo79@aol.com
Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 03:31:58 EDT
In a message dated 05/04/2000 5:11:51 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
erich@mail.NGBM.COM writes:

<< Looking at my Bentley manual it looks like it is the "time delay buzzer."
Does this sound right? I am not the best at deciphering wiring diagrams.
What does this do? Is there a reason why it was probably disconnected? >>

Erich,

The time delay buzzer on my car is activated when the starter is engaged and
the driver's side seat belt is not plugged in.  The buzzer sounds for about
five seconds after you engage the starter and coincides with the red "seat
belt" light below the cigarette lighter and radio on your console.  The
buzzer is rather annoying, and succeeded in assuring my seat belt was
properly fastened BEFORE I started the car.  I believe the buzzer is also
connected to one of the door switches, and also activates when the door is
opened and the ignition is on, but does not do so on my car (gladly).

My car came with an AM/FM/8-Track radio that worked rather well (after some
cleaning of the connections of course) and even played all the 8-Tracks I had
laying around.  It definitely added to the "cool factor" of the car until I
tired of "The Beach Boys," "Pink Floyd," "The Doors," and "Credence
Clearwater Revival."

I am now running a "modern" pullout AM/FM/Cassette player with a CD jack for
my portable CD player.

Good luck!
Steve Sanchez
1977 MGB "It's not worth listening to if it's not on 8-Track!"