Re: MGB Heater Water Control Valve - Bad Engineering and Design

To: N <twobees@sprynet.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGB Heater Water Control Valve - Bad Engineering and Design
From: mgb72 <mgb72@airmail.net>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 17:54:55 -0700
Hello Norm,
I got a generic one from an auto parts store, I don't know what it was from, if
your lucky they will just let you go in the back and open boxes until you find
one.  Anyway, if you take the original one apart you will see a rubber
diaphragm, which is what failed.  Also when you have it apart you will see how
easy it is to remove the diaphram, and seal the hole it covers.(the same hole
that allows the fluid to drip onto the distributor)  What this does is makes the
heater valve fully open all the time, then you can insert the generic one inline
from the original valve to the heater core.  It's not original, but I have
adjustable heat that will not leak onto the distributor....
Chad
'72 B
Salado Bound...