Lucas

To: mg s <mgs@autox.team.net>, spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Lucas
From: Carl Elliott <grunt2@adelphia.net>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 19:47:40 -0400
I was doing my brakes on my Ford Escort a 1997. At 112,000 I thougnt the
originals should be replaced. Jacked car up, removed all wheels. I am
looking at the brakes and thinking where have I seen this set up before.
Rear drums stuck, Had to pry off, I am now looking at a pair of lucas
brake shoes and rear wheel cylinder. I matched the drum up to a spare
set of B drums and they are same even in depth. My tyres are the same as
my B.Front rotors are also free floating type. Differnt attaching and
adjusting system but I bet it fits also.I have wire wheels and didn't
think to measure the bolt pattern for size. I know honda now uses Lucas
electrical parts.
Had no clue ford was using lucas brakes. Carl E.  PS. Central Jersey,
Garden state Arts Center
This Sat. Viet Nam Veterans Car show. It rained last year and 300 cars
showed.
9am till, Live radio broad cast and vendors. See you there.