Re: Octain booster and compression ratios

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Octain booster and compression ratios
From: "DENNIS COX" <djc@appsig.com>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 15:22:05 -0700
I didn't mean to open a can of worm with my original post here.  My purpose was
hear fellow owners experances with using octain boosters and there fixes for
this
problem.  My engine is far from stock.  I am running higher than stock
compression..
DElgin cam..  modified head.. rebuilt block thats been balenced, etc, etc.. More
modifacations than I can list here.  It has about 5000 miles on it now.  I have
tried
octain booster and it helps a little.. But not much.  One sugested I need to
"fix" my
motor.  Whats the "fix"?  I can "de-tune" it and eliminate the run on at a cost
performance..  I think the real solution may be to cc the combustion chambers
again
to bring the CR down some.. but again. I would imagine at a cost to
performance.  I
would like to hear from the gear heads and racers on this..  I did go over the
tune
last week and put 500 miles on this weekend.  Running BP7ES plugs on the highway
seems to help.  I could run 6800 rpm in 4th!  110mph!  I have no aversion to
running
running a mixture of avgas or racing gas.  which I intend to try..