Re: Octain booster and compression ratios

To: DENNIS COX <djc@appsig.com>
Subject: Re: Octain booster and compression ratios
From: "James H. Nazarian, Ph.D." <microdoc@apk.net>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 18:54:16 -0400
Hi Dennis,

Uhhhhh, are you telling us you did 110 mph on public or private roads? If
private, as in
a racetrack, why not use racing fuel? If public, you went overboard with the
mods, and
need to use two, maybe three head gaskets to get the compression ratio back
down where it
belongs. If you can get a FBO (fixed base operator) in a small airport to sell
you 100LL
fuel, keep it kinda quiet because he could get a whopping fine for doing it.
You could
also try some nitromethane at the local drag strip. There is such a thing as
overkill you
know.

Now don't all you young guys burn me! I'm the old guy, remember. Be kind please!

Jim (THE old guy)

PS.: In the Emerald Necklace MG Register (NE Ohio) some years back, a bunch of
us tried
all kinds of octane boosters with very disappointing results. In other words,
unless
there is something new on the shelves, save your money.