RE: Octain booster and compression ratios

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Octain booster and compression ratios
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 16:43:40 -0700
OK, though I think I pointed out earlier that there are other potential
solutions for running on other than higher octane fuel. I had a running
on problem at one time. I cured it through carburetor adjustments and
timing. A bad case may require head "decoking", as the service manual
quaintly puts it.

As far as "noticing" the lead, it's one of those things where any amount
is too much, if I am personally responsible for it, and for no good
reason. But that's just MHO.

Gordon Bird had this to say: