Ignition Switch Wiring

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Ignition Switch Wiring
From: Geoffrey Gallaway <geoffeg@sloth.org>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 22:00:27 -0400 (EDT)
Just thought I'd let people who might do this in the future know:

Well, I pulled out the old ignition switch/steering lock assembly today.
As someone on the list suggested I took a dremel tool and made a line
along the top of the sheer bolts so I could simply use a screwdriver to
remove them. Putting on the new one and correctly figuring out the wiring
was interesting and required the help of a MG professional. The old
switch assembly had 6 wires coming out of it, the new one only 4. The
correct wiring (on a 70 BGT at least) is to leave the white&brown wire off
and connect the rest of the wires to their matching colors on the wiring
harness under the dash.. I didnt break the sheer bolts off on the new
assembly, I think it only adds a few seconds to someone stealing my car.

Geoff

--
Geoffrey Gallaway || The only thing worse than infinite recursion is infinite
geoffeg@sloth.org || recursion.