A funny thing happened at 70 mph

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: A funny thing happened at 70 mph
From: "Steve Conley" <swconley@foxinternet.net>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 20:08:07 -0700
I was driving up to Bellingham today and all of a sudden the RPM's drop to
zero and I have to pull over.  Thought it might be my old problem coming
back, but this was a total loss of power.  Tried cranking it over a few
times and nothing.  Then I start thinking of what I've learned on the list
and it occurs to me...no spark.  So I start checking all the ignition wires
and what do you know, the wire that goes from the electronic ignition to the
dizzy (that the DPO had Mickey Moused together) is totally disconnected!  I
didn't have anything to splice together so I just wrapped them together and
I'm back in action!
I'm just glad it was something so obvious this time!

Steve Conley
Marysville, WA  USA
'76 MGB Roadster
swconley@foxinternet.net