Re: Sports Coil Plug Gap

To: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Subject: Re: Sports Coil Plug Gap
From: Charley & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Sun, 28 May 2000 22:20:22 -0500
  My Nissan P/U has electronic ignition that is stock.  It uses NGK
BP6ES-ll plugs.  These plugs differ from the BP6ES in that they are
configured for a gap of ~.040".  If you gap a BP6ES to .040" the
electrode surfaces at the gap won't be parallel, whereas the  -ll's will
be.

  I'm using BPR6ES plugs, gapped at .035" with a Pertronix Ignitor and a
Lucas Sport coil.  Runs fine.

  About that one thousandth of an inch per KV "rule", the change in the
dialectric constant of the gap as a function of the change in the gap
isn't a linear progression, as I recall, so I'm skeptical.

  CR