Re: Car stacker

To: Geoffrey Gallaway <geoffeg@sloth.org>
Subject: Re: Car stacker
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 23:05:35 -0400
Geoffrey Gallaway wrote:

> One thing that concerns me is that this unit doesnt bolt to the floor.
> Sturdy it may be but I would still think it might slide or shift a bit. If
> I were installing one of these units I think I would bolt each leg to the
> floor just for safetys sake...

  My four post hoist (a Hydra-Lift 60CB) actually bolts to the
floot.

  In honesty, it makes me actually slightly less confident. Why? Because
it means the holes in the concrete and therefore the concrete itself
are actually part of the structure. That is an unknown to the designer,
he's never been in my garage. ;>

  The free standing lifts are designed and tested just as they will
stand in my presence.

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca