Re: Car stacker

To: Bullwinkle <yd3@nvc.net>
Subject: Re: Car stacker
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 22:13:40 -0400
Bullwinkle wrote:
> I checked Trevor's "Corvette?" site and they describe installing
> a commercial unit which I am familiar with and the PRICE!  I want
> to make my own and save $$$$$$$ as I don't need a 4,000 lb lift.

  I beleive the lowest priced lift you can buy is 6000 pounds
or so. I think 4000 pounds would be a bare minimum. My daily
driver Toyota is in the 3000 pound range, add a few jackstands,
a passenger, and a few tools riding the lift....

> This is for two MGs. So unless I get some other ideas, I will
> have to go at it with the "Barney" attitude.

  Careful, there is a lot on the line here. If you emailed
us one day and said your unit collapsed and destroyed two
cars, you would actually be lucky.

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca