Re: Ideal MGB Year?

To: Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Ideal MGB Year?
From: Phil Bates <jello@ida.net>
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2000 19:15:45 -0600
Depends on what you want.  For simplicity, and classic looks, most say
'67 or before.  They have the chrome bumpers (and overriders), a lower
ride, no emmissions, a metal dash, the vertical slatted grille, and
spokes on the steering wheel.  For the even more purest point of view,
pre- '65 with a 3 main engine and "refrigerator" door handles.  Up to
about '74 the ride was still low, and then it raised, and they also got
more emmissions and crash bumpers.  Crash dashes came in '68, along with
the first emmissions - smog pumps.  Also in '68 were better rear axles
and better (4 synchro) transmissions.  Some people like the later rubber
bumpers and the more aerodynamic look of them.  Also some people like
the "split bumper" that was offered one year only (I think it was '71).

So, that pretty much covers that years - it depends on what you like.

Phil Bates