Re: Squeak at downshift

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Squeak at downshift
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2000 19:57:32 -0700
Hmmm, I never felt that downshifting to use engine braking was a good
idea. Look at it this way -- brake pads are cheap and a half-hour job to
replace. Clutches are real money (considering the associated components)
and a weekend job, at best. And if you have to pay someone else to do it,
well, you could have bought fifty cases of brake pads!

I just hope that noise isn't the throwout bearing going south...

The Gernerts had this to say:

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149