Re: MGAs/MGBs and the Dreaded Twincam

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGAs/MGBs and the Dreaded Twincam
From: Dave Quirt <quirt@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2000 23:53:04 -0600
Right on, Bill.

As I mentioned recently on the Twin-Cam/Deluxe list, a Twin-Cam with
close-ratio gears and a 4.55 will blast past a good early TR6 in a 1/4
mile drag. I won't say what it would do to a stock MGB, let alone a
rubber-bumper B <grin>. That said, the Bs do have driver comfort on
their side.

Hopefully my Twin-Cam will be back together prowling the highway next
year!!

Dave Q.
'59 Twin-Cam roadster w/ 4.55 and CR, '57 1500 coupe
'62 B roadster, 69 GT, etc.