Re: MGAs/MGBs and the Dreaded Twincam

To: <WSpohn4@aol.com>, <barrier@bconnex.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MGAs/MGBs and the Dreaded Twincam
From: "mgamgb" <mgamgb@ihug.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 19:01:24 +1200
-----Original Message-----
From: WSpohn4@aol.com <WSpohn4@aol.com>
To: barrier@bconnex.net <barrier@bconnex.net>; mgs@autox.team.net
<mgs@autox.team.net>
Date: Wednesday, June 07, 2000 11:04 AM

>In a message dated 06/06/00 1:48:48 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
>barrier@bconnex.net writes:
>
>> So what about tractor engines...........
>>  They also put Rolls Royce engines in Land Rovers and Austins.  They also
>>  used waterpump engines in F1 cars (Coventry Cimax!!)
>>

>Actually....not.
>
>The engines used in such other vehicles were never used in any Rolls Royce,
>nor as I recall in any Austin, though I won't argue strongly about whether
or
>not a Vanden Plas Princess R is really an Austin (the other ones would be
the

The Austin Champ, developed for the British Army as a contender 4 wheel
drive vehicle was fitted with a Rolls Royce engine, perol engine, sealed
ignition, 5 speed box, (no low ratio) water tight every thing, and could be
driven in about 2m of water with driver standing up, and air inlet snorkel
raised.

Ian F