Re: Classic Car Insurance

To: N <twobees@sprynet.com>, MG Digest <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Classic Car Insurance
From: Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 05:49:58 -0700 (PDT)
Seems to me I remember an article in Car and Driver
years ago about how Geico was giving radar guns to
police departments. CD was all up-in-arms over it
(probably Patrick Bedard in his pre-air bag days) as
they felt that they were giving the guns out which
could catch their insurees which could raise their
rates....
--- N <twobees@sprynet.com> wrote:
> My $.02:
>
> Geico has the lowest rates I've been able to find
> for my family's cars.
> However, the way any insurance company keeps rates
> low is by containing
> costs.  That means they only accept clients for
> coverage who are minimum
> risks.  And, if any should prove to be risks, get
> rid of them.  As to
> claims, we've only had two occasions to file.  Both
> were when my daughter
> the attorney was hit from behind while stopped in
> traffic.  Not exactly the
> kind of thing to move them to drop us.  But, I know
> that using them is a
> risk.
>
> FYI however, a few years ago, they were acting like
> the CIA trying to get
> clients to fess up to the ownership & use of radar
> detectors.  This was at
> the time their newsletter had a big article about
> how radar detectors caused
> death & mayhem.  Typical insurance company hysteria
> on which they can
> justify higher rates or dropped clients.  BTW, in
> this same issue was a
> photo of their then CEO sitting in his new car - a
> Ferrari Testarossa.  And,
> of course he never drove it over 55 or used a radar
> detector - did he?????
> Hypocrites!
>
> Norm .......
> MGB daily driver / occasional racer (just don't tell
> the Ferrari owner)

=====
Dan D
Dayton, NJ