Re: Classic Car Insurance

To: MGTD1952@cs.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Classic Car Insurance
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 10:19:32 EDT
In a message dated 6/6/00 8:00:26 PM Eastern Daylight Time, MGTD1952@cs.com
writes:

<< So who do I use?  State Farm, of course.  The have my regular autos (2),
my
 home and my umbrella, and I've had great service from them, even through
 three claims.  The adjusters were absolutely great.  I pay a few extra bucks
 on the antique ('68 BGT and hopefully, soon, a restored 52 TD), but I get a
 better nights sleep having everything with the same company.  An annual
 policy with a $300k liability, $5,000 agreed value, with collision and full
 comp costs a shade under $300/year.  And I am in New Jersey, which has the
 distinction of the highest car insurance costs in the nation. >>

I asked my State Farm agent about insuring my Midget, and specifically asked
if the policy had an agreed value or just a stated value.  He said it is a
stated value, and that's what it said on his company computer screen.

You might want to check that.  There is a potential for a big difference.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport