Re: Tube shock conversion data

To: "Tim Economu" <economu@whidbey.com>, "Peter C." <nosimport@mailbag.com>,
Subject: Re: Tube shock conversion data
From: Barrie Robinson <barrier@bconnex.net>
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2000 17:16:30 -0400
Tim,

Considering that even the big guys have little data on the differences on
suspension set ups I think you are asking a lot.  The rear set up I have
has been "developed"by Aussie MGB racing fanantics.  These types of people
cut, weld, instal, try and try again.  They know it's either better, good,
lousy by belting it up and down the road and taking to auto-cross to test
reliability - all by the seat of their pants.  Basic engineering tends to
suggest that a vertical shock tube will be more efficient than an angled
one -albeit kneed.  We are only concerned with vertical movement on a rear
axle and the geometry is not like the front so I suppose only the value of
the shock resistance is a concern.  But as I ma not a suspension wallah I
would like to hear other views - especialliy from experts !!

Regards
Barrie Robinson
barrier@bconnex.net