Re: MGB and stereos

To: "MGB" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MGB and stereos
From: "Dave Wood" <djw69@idt.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 13:59:14 -0700
Frank,

I installed a cheap stereo with amplifier and 2 6x9 speakers on my 72
roadster a number of years ago in place of the original AM only radio that I
got with the car.  I put the speakers in the trunk.  I think I cut or
drilled some holes or there already was something that worked.  It works
fine with the top up and is partially blocked with the top down.  The
amplifier was necessary for this cheap radio.  The only thing that shows
from inside the car are the speaker covers so it doesn't interfere with the
top going down.  Also works as a good loose screw, nut or screw driver
finder in the trunk with the big magnets.  Like most of the list, I tend not
to listen to the radio when the top is down.  I live in western Oregon so
the top goes down about this time of year and back up for the duration in
September or when the rains get serious.

Dave 72 B