Re: MGB and stereos

To: fwp@ufl.edu, lbcholt@one.net
Subject: Re: MGB and stereos
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 12:07:05 EDT
In a message dated 6/16/00 10:18:08 AM Eastern Daylight Time, fwp@ufl.edu
writes:

<< I like this idea. I've been having trouble deciding what to do as I do not
 wish to put holes in the car. My 1968 has the original panels on the door
 and they are in great shape! I would hate to damage them. Are the speakers
 on your rear deck in speaker boxes? What size? Thanks for your reply, I
 think you and George have steered me in the needed direction. >>

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Just FYI, I have a Midget so the shelf behind the seats is smaller than in
the B.  I bought a pair of KLH outdoor speakers, which are in plastic boxes.
They measuer about 6"X10".  Pretty cheeep at Sam's Club.  I stuck the loop
half of Velcro on the back of the speakers and it holds directly to the
carpet.  The speakers come with mounting brackets if you don't mind a coupla
sheet metal screws thru the carpet and shelf.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport