Re: Originality

To: Alan <Alan@health.co.zw>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Originality
From: Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 07:39:09 -0700 (PDT)
Alan, this is sure to generate some discussion.
Personally, I default towards originality, as many
will say that if the car is in good condition it will
work as designed (of course, that may be the
problem!!). That said, my 76 B has a 69 differential,
the pollution control stuff removed, and a wooden
gear-shift knob! I am currently looking for a 67-70
project car, and my intent will be to restore it to
original (but NOT concours) condition. Lever shocks,
positive earth and all.... The great thing about MG's
is that no one really has an issue with what you do to
your car, except, perhaps, put a Datsun B201 engine in
it, since they are relatively plentiful and simple to
work with. As long as they're on the road, I think
we're all happy...

=====
Dan D
Dayton, NJ
76 MGB Tourer - Brooklands Green
Looking for a 67-70 MGB Tourer Project Car!

http://invites.yahoo.com