Re: MG 2000 My thanks

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MG 2000 My thanks
From: David Deutsch <mgman@optonline.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2000 22:39:47 -0400
MG 2000 was my 3rd time to a NAMGBR National and it was a blast and a half.
Weather could have been a little more cooperative but, all in all, it was
great. 400+ MGs gathered from as far away as Carmel, CA.

Next year in St. Paul it will be a cooperative effort with NAMGBR, NAMGAR,
NAMGCR and the T Register joining forces.

I don't think alot of people realize the huge amount of planning and efforts
that events such as these require. I was very surprised by the amount of MGB
and Midget owning people in attendance at Cleveland who are not members of
North American MGB Register. I guess I just don't understand how someone would
go, have a great time and not want to be a member of the organization that
played a large role in pulling this party off. Emerald Necklace MG Club, who
hosted the event, did a fantastic job. But it is the NAMGBR that backed them
all the way and is the reason why some many traveled so far to attend the
event. If you are not already a NAMGBR member visit the web at
http://www.namgbr.org/namgbr/ and join.

I rolled another 1200+ miles under the tires  my 75 B for the L.I., NY to
Cleveland and back extravaganza. I figured that Eileen would have had enough
of the car for a while but boy was I wrong . Today we celebrated our 10 year
wedding anniversary by doing another 300+ miles in the B up thru CT (Hey Bob
Howard, I passed your house today) to Gillette Castle, then down to New
London, CT to Ferry across the Long Island Sound back to L.I.. Saw a B LE just
east of Westport with plate ???MGC  on it and a Green TR6 along Rte 156. Was
approached by Paul Kish of Michigan in a Cracker Barrel, when he saw my MG
shirt. Was a wonderful day.

As for Jim Carrol, who passed await suddenly this passed week, I'd like to
express my deepest condolences to Sally and the rest of his friends and
family.

Safety Fast,
David Deutsch