Re: 80MGB - Location of ground strp

To: Lawrie@britcars.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 80MGB - Location of ground strp
From: JustBrits@aol.com
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 11:11:42 EDT
In a message dated 06/27/2000 9:39:39 AM Central Daylight Time,
Lawrie@britcars.com writes:

<< Without this strap in place, we have
 found that the pipe more easily comes loose where it attaches to the cat so,
 if your car has a cat, you should try and obtain the rest of the strap
 pieces to prevent the pipe from coming loose or, worse, breaking the
 attachment studs/bolts. >>

Well Lawrie beat me to it !  I have found more dire results as a rule.  Cat
neck fractures !!  Had a customer just two weeks ago whom felt he knew better
than BMC and took his '78 to a national chain.  They made up the pipes,
fitted some muffler and replaced the correct mounts with "universal" ones.
Up he drives, long face and all.  "Ed, what happened??"

Quick look told all.

Into parts room, find everything including mounts and off we go to chain.
Manager says "Impossible"!!  Then the gent introduces me<G><G>!!  Took all
his crap off, welded up the cat's neck (HAD to say it<G>), and installed all
of my lovely parts.

No charge (but BOY, did he take a bath!!).

Cheers...........

          Ed

Ed Kaler, Proprietor
" Just Brits "