Re: 80MGB - Location of ground strp

To: "Phil Farmer" <swimmer@seark.net>,
Subject: Re: 80MGB - Location of ground strp
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 07:32:52 -0700
Phil,

Others have correctly answered that the ground strap is located at the
right-hand side gearbox mount.

The bracket attached to the hole where the pan (sump, for our UK readers)
attaches to the block originally went to a strap around the exhaust pipe
just below the catalytic converter. Without this strap in place, we have
found that the pipe more easily comes loose where it attaches to the cat so,
if your car has a cat, you should try and obtain the rest of the strap
pieces to prevent the pipe from coming loose or, worse, breaking the
attachment studs/bolts.

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center