Re: 78 MGB Rear Axle, which one?

To: "Mike Razor" <mrazor@mis.net>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 78 MGB Rear Axle, which one?
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 18:38:00 -0600
The semi-floating axle was the tube type which pretty much was the same
from 1967 on. It was the early banjo axle that was the 3/4 floating. So it
is highly probable that you are getting the right seal.

It looks like your garage passed up a chance at some easy money. I don't
know how Triumphs are. But when I was living in Utah, I had to replace my
rear axle seal on my 71BGT because of a leak that was not quite getting on
the brake shoes. The garage that did state inspections for me had in the
past just given my car a glance and passed it. But after the state busted
them for their lack of thoroughness, I had to be their example : (

Well, it turned out to be no big deal. It was an easy removal and
replacement - it only took me one beer to do the job.

David
67 BGT
71 BGT