78 MGB Rear Axle, which one?

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: 78 MGB Rear Axle, which one?
From: "Mike Razor" <mrazor@mis.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 20:06:03 -0400
Had a new muffler put on the MGB and while they had it up on the rack
I asked them to check the brakes.  They said that the oil seal on the
right rear axle was leaking and that is was getting on the rear brake
shoes.  This garage would not replace the seal for me, said they did
it once on a Spitfire and tied up the bay to long.
Anyway, I looked in the V/B catalog and also my newly received
workshop manual and they both talk about two different types of rear
axles. There is a semi-floating and a 3/4 floating, which one does my
78 MGB, VIN GHN5UJ454923G have?
I had the local parts house order the seal they thought to be correct,
their computer shows only one type of oil seal for a 78 MGB and it is
a very hard plastic thing about the size of a small jar lid.
THANKS!
MIKE R