Wire wheel conversion

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Wire wheel conversion
From: Bmgreen@aol.com
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2000 05:13:59 EDT
I have recently purchased a 64 B, after literally months of looking.  As I
told the seller, I am worse than one of my daughters before Christmas (while
waiting to pick the car up).  Publicly, I would like to thank my wife for
putting up with my search, and allowing me to pursue just the right one.

My question:  how difficult, and what are the steps, to convert from steel
rims to wires?  While I have considerable experience working on B's in years
past, this is one project I have not attempted.  Difficulties?  Parts?
Advice as to whether to undergo the project, or not?

Thanks,

Stephen, Plano Texas
64 B (Dang it's good to be able to say (type) that)