Re: the passing of american mechanics

To: kmr@pil.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: the passing of american mechanics
From: Gonaj@aol.com
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 12:11:20 EDT
In a message dated 07/06/2000 2:56:22 PM Central Daylight Time, kmr@pil.net
writes:

<< I completely disagree.  Encouraging teens to purchase LBCs is like giving
 them a license to be your next DPO.  Do you really think they're going to
 take the time, or want to, learn how to adjust points, valves, and
 everything else associated with routine maintenance?  And what about more
 complicated work. >>

Waoh;
I totally disagree with that.  My son is co-owner of my MGB and he works on
it both together and independently.  I totally trust him with whatever he
tackles as he knows enough to stop and seek help when over his head.  He has
done top end jobs on 3 cars to date and is very good, although a little slow,
with electrics.  We also have James on the list who may be out of his teens
now but almost certainly was when he got involved.
If we don't encourage youth these cars are certainly destined for the crusher.

George