RE: the passing of american mechanics

To: Gordon Bird <gb@the-bdc.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: the passing of american mechanics
From: Barrie Robinson <barrier@bconnex.net>
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2000 11:31:43 -0400
Folks,

I've been in the computer industry for 35 years and the more I see of them
the more I think they are the salvation of the dot to 1960s (1970s?) cars.
Isn't it nice to turn to a relatively simplistic machine which gives you
endless broom broom fun, and able to keep up with modern sissie "cars",
without the nasties of computers.   You can actually SEE what is wrong with
these "old" cars but computers just glow dumbly with all their ails
completely invisible.  And future generations will become aware of this
refuge as we have done.

Regards
Barrie Robinson
barrier@bconnex.net