Re: Passed breathalyzer

To: Steve Conley <swconley@foxinternet.net>
Subject: Re: Passed breathalyzer
From: Phil Bates <jello@ida.net>
Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2000 13:16:03 -0600
If you were going to de-smog your MGB, it could be easily done.  Just go back to
the original MGB set-up - simple ignition with simple advance, two non-smog
SU's, a PCV valve.  None of that other stuff (catalytic converters, air pumps,
gulp valves etc. etc. etc.) was on the early cars.  Those things can be removed,
and their ports blocked.  If you go back to the MGA setup, you don't even need a
PCV, just open up a side cover at the top of the engine.  Anyhow, none of this
will give you MAXIMUM efficiency, for that you need injection, computers,
electronic ignition, and a bunch of sensors, but you sure can get more than 65
hp by just cleaning it up a bit.

Phil Bates