Re: Registration problems

To: "Larry Hoy" <larryhoy@prodigy.net>
Subject: Re: Registration problems
From: "Michael Singleton" <one_ton3@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 05:51:31 -0700
> A month ago, I was given (just get it out of my back yard) a 1965 Right
Hand
> Drive MG Midget. ...... AND NO TITLE.
>
> I checked with the state of Nevada... No Abandon Vehicle Title program.  I
> had a Friend, a Highway Patrolman, run the VIN and as far as he could
tell,
> it's never been Registered in NV. AZ or Cal.
>
> Now What........ ?

I would suggest that you contact someone at an auto towing or wrecking yard
and enquiring about the proceedure for getting a lein on the car for overdue
storage, "you have it, its not yours, no one is paying for the storage
charges..." Once you have successfully completed the lein process you can
foreclose on the car and eventually get a new title issued to you. It may
take some time and hassle, but it can clear up the title problem eventually.

Good luck
Mike Singleton