Re: '75 MGB Carbs, Steering Boots, emails, etc.

To: "Neil Cotty" <neilc@apphosting.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: '75 MGB Carbs, Steering Boots, emails, etc.
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 10:03:15 -0600
This is a good one. I'll have to agree with Neil, based on the angle of the
hose. Normally there are two rubber hoses (one from each fitting) that
connect to a plastic Y - to combine to a single hose that goes to a fitting
on the engine (crankcase). Since this is a 75, maybe it doesn't use this
crankcase fitting? And then someone hooked up this contraption just to seal
the two vacuum fittings.

The fuel filter though is another matter. I don't think it serves any
purpose other than to make this perhaps worthy of a DPO award of some kind.
This is truly classic and sure beats the shoe strings that the DPO used on
my 71BGT to increase the spring tension on my carb return springs.

David
67 BGT
71 BGT