Re: Clutch worries

To: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Subject: Re: Clutch worries
From: Geoffrey Gallaway <geoffeg@sloth.org>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 12:45:16 -0400 (EDT)
On the "marking its turf" note:

I live downtown and park my 70 BGT in a rather picky parking garage. If
you accidentally park a little on or over the yellow space lines, they put
a note on your windshield. If you leave your internal light on, they put a
note on your car that you left your light on (isnt that usefull?!),
etc. I recently got a note on my windshielf that read "Your car is leaking
oil". I felt like writing "I know its leaking oil. These notes are
annoying." and handing it to the attendant when I drove out but I
decided I had better not...

On another note, I got some of my fuel starvation problems fixed this
weekend. I saw that the fuel pump's hoses were slightly wet so I took off
both connections and noticed there were no seals on the intake
connection. I cleaned the pipes, cleaned the connectors, polished
everything up and put a seal on both sides of the connection. It still
chokes and sputters at odd times. The weirdest part is that its subject to
each start. The problem might not occur during one run and then the next
time I go to start it, its horrible during that entire run. It doesn't get
any better or worse during each run, if its horrible, it stays horrible,
if its perfect, it stays perfect..

Any ideas?
Geoff

--
Geoffrey Gallaway || Programming the X Window System is like trying to find
geoffeg@sloth.org || the square root of pi using Roman numerals.