Re: NON-LBC Question - Rad Repair

To: "MGB" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: NON-LBC Question - Rad Repair
From: "Dave Wood" <djw69@idt.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 11:55:21 -0700
Larry,

I had the same problem with 2 of my daughters cars, a 89/90 Mazda and a 86
Chevy.  In both cases I ended up replacing the radiators with new
non-plastic replacements from Schucks.  I tried using JB Weld and a couple
of other things on the plastic cracks and nothing worked for long.  A
radiator shop can replace the plastic tank, but they don't seem to want to
guarantee their work so I decided to spend the bucks and replace with
non-plastic.  You can also hit the wrecking yards for replacements, which I
did with the Chevy and eventually it developed a leak in the plastic tank as
well.  Might be worth your time and dollars to just replace with a new
radiator.

Dave 72 B (with kids and their cars)