Insurance

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Insurance
From: "J R Overcash" <jroverca@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 17:26:43 -0400
Need a bit of help...

I live in Massachusetts.  We are a "No Fault" insurance state.  Currently I
pay premium of $378 a year on my 74 B.  It is one of three cars insured with
the same company.  I receive all available discounts for safe driver etc.  I
do not drive my MG much due to it's condition, but I want to keep it
registered so I can drive it as I fix things...I spoke with my agent today
and I can reduce my costs by $200.00 annually by putting antique plates on
the car.  Sounds like a good deal to me.

My question is this:  Is $178/year a reasonable cost for basic liability
insurance? Can I do better elsewhere?  If so where is elsewhere (numbers
please).  Some companies can't/won't insure in "no fault" states i.e. GEICO.
Thanks in advance

Safety Fast!

Ross Overcash
Ayer, MA USA